Wednesday 8 August 2007

Little boxes on the hillside

Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky-tacky,
Little boxes, little boxes,
Little boxes, all the same.

- Little Boxes (Malvina Reynolds)

In view of my news posted in the "This sucks....." entry I decided to bite the bullet tonight and go through all the boxes that were sitting packed up in the living room. Wasn't a great deal of fun but it became a necessity so that I can move quickly if I feel the need to make a hasty exit. So that's pretty much everything split between the kids and I. I didn't go mad, just household essentials for when I move, pots, pans, bedding and towels (which were things Sharon and I had bought for the new house that never was) and a few treasured keepsakes. Couple more bits to sort out and I'll be ready to move on and continue rebuilding.

No comments: