Saturday 24 November 2007

Here we go again..................

After a nice relaxing afternoon Toni, mum and I settled down to a nice dinner. Sophie had had a bath and opted out of eating and had gone to bed to watch DVDs. Suddenly we heard Sophie being sick and crying out. Her pains had returned and so we rushed her off to the hospital.

First thing the ward sister said when we got there was, "When was the last time she had her Tremadol?" to which I replied, "What Tremadol?" She just looked at me in horror and said, "I am SO sorry!"

Turns out that when Sophie was sent home on Friday she was supposed to have been given a supply of Tremadol to take regularly. I guess by the time Sophie was in pain at home all the previous painkillers had worked their way out of her system. I can't believe that the hospital could have dropped the ball in this way, it really is crap. Although we have to wait until Monday for the scan results I have no doubt at all that Sophie's stones ARE still there given the amount of pain she was in.

No comments: