Sunday 18 November 2007

Hockey shmockey, why do I bother!

Oh my god, it's not been a good weekend for my hockey teams! Edinburgh Capitals got beaten 3 - 1 away to Sheffield Steelers and then 4 - 1 at home to Cardiff Devils. Wish I could say that Chelmsford Chieftains did me proud but that was just not the case!

Chieftains lost 5 - 2 to Swindon Wild Cats in a pretty dire performance. At the end of the first period they were 3 - 0 down. I said to Sam that if things didn't improve and we went 4 - 0 down then I would do the GOALIE, SIEVE chant on our team rather than the opposition. Lo and behold, we did, and so we did the chant. I've never booed or done anything like that before but it was so frustrating to watch and I was paying £75 to sponsor and be presented with a shirt that night it felt justified. Straight after that the Chieftains called a time out and then suddenly came out looking like they wanted to play hockey. End of the second period the score was 2 - 4 so Chieftains were in with a chance.

Despite a fight to try and score it just didn't happen and we lost 2 - 5 (the lost goal being an empty netter)

Oh well, say luvvie! Roll on next week!

Was also nice to see Debbie (Sharon's hairdresser from Jagged Edge) at the game and to have a little chat.

No comments: