Wednesday 23 January 2008

Life sucks......

......and then it sucks some more!

Just spoken to mum, I am devastated.

Nan does has a brain tumor. It is inoperable. It is going to kill her.
Drug they are giving her is to try and shrink the tumor a bit. Side effect of the drug is that it can cause fitting and heart seizure. Mum and uncle David have agreed that nan is not to be resuscitated in the event of heart failure.

They are doing an MRI scan on her tomorrow or Friday to see how bad things are. They also need to clear up the urinary infection too so they can ascertain whether or not the tumor is responsible for the memory loss and what the impact is and see what can be done.

One way or another she is going to die. I just hope that whichever way it is it is quick and painless.

Kids are both really upset, understandably and there's not a lot to say that can make them feel better right now.

2008 was supposed to be a better year.

Stop the world I want to get off!

1 comment:

Geminii Glitz said...

Now this I do have experience of honey.

I am SO sorry to hear this.

I'm here whenever you need me

*big cuddles for all of you*