Monday 21 January 2008

Trains, cops and wankers!

Grrrrrrrr! As if my day wasn't hard enough! Got to Wickford and was waiting for my train when loads of police arrived. Announcement was made that all trains suspended due to trespassers on the lined. first story was that some little scrote hot footed it up the line after escaping the clutches of a Community Support Orifice.

Train was sitting on opposite platform and outside my platform for over 25 minutes (25 minutes after it should have got there). Chinese whispers up and down platform, man laying down in front of train, nutter on train etc etc.

Helicopter started circling at one int too, so exciting NOT!

Not that it has an effect on me but they also announced further delays due to a signal failure at Stratford. Not a good day for National Rail customers.

Train pulled into platform and got on but no movement as there was an inbound train blocking the branch line (oh the joys of single track lines) which couldn't move until London bound train left the station. *sigh*

Finally pulled out of Wickford 65 minutes late, not a happy bunny at all and then to cap it off they decided to make an additional stop at Battlesbridge!!!!!!

Sophie text me to say she'd make me a Jack Daniels and Coke when I get and was true to her word. I certainly needed it!

Sophie also said that January 21st is officially the most depressing day of the year. Whilst as far as anniversaries goes I can think of one that is worse I can definately say that for 2008 so far it's been a shit of a day!

No comments: