Wednesday 30 January 2008

Update on my nan

Just spoken to my mum who had just got back from the hospital visiting my nan.
Seems we don't know much more than before. They have now ascertained that the tumor in her brain has been there for quite a while and is not connected in any way to the stomach cancer she had years ago. This is now more than likely the cause of her forgetfulness and general decline.

There is still no prognosis so we have no idea whether she has weeks, months or years to live. Heck we don't even know how much my nan knows or is aware of. Mum is going back to the hospital tomorrow and will be asking a lot more questions.

There is still no update on when she might be leaving hospital either but they did mention to my mum about her going into a home and they have the Macmillan nurses going to see her tomorrow. She doesn't need medical care but will need domestic/palliative care.

I'm scared. I want to go and see nan but I am really scared. Death has been around me far too much in the last six months what with Sharon, Pepsi and then Lady Jaye. not sure I can deal with any more at the moment (even the thought of it).

1 comment:

Geminii Glitz said...

You're not alone honey. Am here whenever you need me to be - just shout.