Thursday 14 February 2008

It's Valentine's Day but it all feels so lonely

This week has been VERY weird. For the last two years I would be busily preparing for a wonderful Valentine's Day with Sharon, buying and making cards and gifts for her. This year I kind of feel lost. Went to Brentwood on Monday with a friend from work who was after a gift for his wife and I wanted to be buying things, choosing nice presents and cards, writing poems and words.

It all feels WRONG WRONG WRONG!

I remember my first Valentine's Day with Sharon. It was wonderful and so romantic. She made me salmon with a wonderful sauce, new potatoes and crisp veg. The table was strewn with little hearts and candles. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and it really made me cry. I made her a homemade card, a CD of some love songs and a special folder filled with poems that I had written for her. I really wish I could go back there again, it was such a perfect moment in time.

No comments: