Wednesday 21 January 2009

Three years today

I knew today might throw up a mixture of memories and emotions. Today it is 3 years since I met Sharon.

And now for some splinters in time:
21st January 2006 was the day the I went to a London club with Robin and my whole life changed. I can still remember it like it was yesterday almost deciding not to go, spotting Sharon and thinking she was with someone, the delight in realising she wasn't, her staring into my eyes and touching my soul, the kiss, the club having to shut early due to a fight, walking around Old Street for hours as we wanted to talk and not listen to her mates getting it on, waking them all up when we went back and turned the lights on and made tea at stupid o clock, my alarm going off at silly hour......... *GRIN*

Today is actually the day I have been dreading more than anything as it marks an anniversary where Sharon has now been taken from me for longer than we were together. That sucks. That really sucks.

Despite all the good things going on in my life I still feel a Sharon shaped hole and emptiness that can never be filled. My wonderful memories of our time together do help to soften things and of course I have a wonderful network of family and friends to get me through.

Sharon Gloria Ashmore, I bloody miss you! Gone but certainly NEVER forgotten!

Gone away from me
Gone away from me
Life is long, my love has gone away from me

- Gone Away From Me (Ray Lamontagne)

No comments: