Saturday 21 March 2009

Anthem

Toni and I met up with Hazel and headed off to the Oakland Hotel in SWF to see a rock covers band called Anthem. I wanted to go along as I used to be in Sticky Sweet with the guitarist, Paul. When we got to the pub I popped over and said hi to Paul before sending a message to Mark and Sam saying they should come down if they were at a loose end. Much to our delight they came and joined us.

It was a fun night and was good to get Hazel out and about as she is having a bit of nightmare with various things at the moment.

The band were good and we all had a laugh singing along.

Sammy up to no good!


Toni


Mark and I


Hazel


Despite what this picture suggested, Hazel and Sammy haven't fallen out with each other and were actually having a laugh!


Going to the Oakland was an eye opener for me. It seems to be a den of "what not to wear" fashion disasters. Unfortunately the size of the venue meant it was difficult to catch a lot of the evidence. I do have one tip for all you girls in SWF though (and there was more than one offender tonight), if you want to wear sexy shoes then please please PLEASE, buy ones that fit you!

1 comment:

Geminii Glitz said...

*sigh*
That is a terrible pic of me!
Note to self... don't sit under pink / red lights - esp with no make-up on!