Monday 2 March 2009

Damn trains!

Grrrr, grumble grumble.
I was all set to go to the gym tonight. Train from Shenfield to Wickford was on time and the plan was to go to the gym as soon as I got home. National Express had other plans however!

Got to Wickford and my next train was cancelled. Did toy with getting a taxi but it's not cheap so decided to wait the 40 minutes until the next train. Unfortunately there were all sorts of delays and I ended up having to wait 55 minutes for the train and so ended up getting home over an hour later than usual. By that time all my enthusiasm for the gym had gone (standing on a platform in the freezing cold will do that to you!)

Both Toni and mum had nagged me about the gym during the day so I felt that I was letting them both down but I really didn't feel like going after a nightmare journey home.

No comments: