Friday 27 March 2009

Lily Allen @ Shepherd's Bush Empire

Toni and I ventured into deepest darkest Shepherds Bush to see Lily Allen. As were were on limited funds we looked for somewhere cheap to eat and found a delightful little noodle bar where we enjoyed a really nice variety of dishes for bugger all money, RESULT!

And now for the bad news..... following on from our meal we wandered off to the Empire. I guess you could have seen it as an omen, as we got through the doors to the main hall the strap on my bag broke (with the metal bit on the end flying back and catching Toni on the head), not a great start.

Not sure it was the blow to the head that did this:


My poor bag............. :o(


We bought a couple of drinks and then watched La Roux take the stage. This band have been tipped as one of the next big things for 2009 but I can't for the life of me think why. The sound system wasn't great but they sounded like a very poor 80s electronica band and the vocalist was nothing special.

After a brief wait (and amusing ourselves listening to some testosterone fuelled moron showing off to the girl he was with) we managed to get through five Lily Allen numbers before leaving. The sound was really dire and as Lily Allen's strong point is her clever lyrics it kind of defeated the object when she was drowned out in the mix by the rest of the band. I have to say I was bitterly disappointed. I am sure that she is really good live but the sound was so bad that it just didn't come across. On the plus side it did mean that we got home early for once!

Just for the record, here's a couple of pics taken way back as I couldn't be bothered to fight my way nearer to get some.



1 comment:

Geminii Glitz said...

It wasn't the blow to the head that made my eyes wonky - it was the dodgy support band!