Wednesday 11 March 2009

One week tomorrow............

.........until I push my body to realms it has NEVER EVER been pushed before. Thursday 19th March is VR-Day, the Vertical Rush up Tower 42 in London to raise money for Shelter. I've done more physical exercise in the last 6 weeks to prepare for this event than I have ever done in my life and I suddenly don't feel ready at all. I have a healthy repect for Tower 42 and am no totally in awe of the 920 steps, over 42 floors, that I am about to battle. I'll be honest, it scares the shit out of me.

There was an article in the Metro yesterday of a guy that did a test run in 6 minutes 40 seconds. The record is just over six minutes with first timers doing it in average of 9 minutes. Our team are looking to do it in 15 minutes. Suddenly that seems like a really tall order!

Will have to up the ante at the gym for the next 7 days and see how we go from there. Have an appointment with my personal trainer on Saturday for a health check so hopefully that will be positive.

1 comment:

Alan said...

Keep at it my boy! I assume you didn't ask your personal trainer about the relative benefits of Krispy Kreeme donuts.

As a visualisation perhaps you should imagine a box on the 42nd floor