Thursday 19 March 2009

Tragedy & Spit Like This @ O2 Academy

Following the excitement of my Vertical Rush, Toni, Sam and I went and had a meal at Nandos before going to her mum's to get ready for a night at the O2 Academy to see The Morning After, Spit Like This & Tragedy. Three bands for a fiver can't be bad!

It was a fantastic night.

Toni and Sam:


Toni and I:


The gang's all here:


The Morning After
These guys weren't bad, they were entertaining to watch and had some nice harmonic guitars and vocals. It was good that they didn't take themselves too seriously, throwing some cheesy poses as the set progressed. My only criticism would be of the singer who every now and again would stop singing and go into shouty/screamo style. Dude, you can sing and should!



See all the pics of The Morning After here: 190309TheMorningAfter


Following The Morning After Toni and went in search of Vikki Spit (bass player for Spit Like This) as I had promised here that I would be dressing "Vikki Spit stylee" and she wanted a photo taken!

Vikki and I:


Toni, Vikki and I:



SPIT LIKE THIS
As usual, SPiT LiKE THiS were totally fantastic. You'd never have guess they hadn't done a gig in ages as they sounded really tight. It's a shame they weren't headlining as their set just wasn't long enough for me. Lord Zion introduced Sweet Transvestite and then Vikki looked at me and asked if there were any trannys in the house (can't think why LOL). And YES I did respond!







See all the Spit Like This photos here: 190309SpitLikeThisTheO2Academy#


.......and last but not least came..............

TRAGEDY
With the crowd suitably warmed up, by Spit like This, Tragedy certainly did not disappoint. They were even better than when we saw them supporting The Wildhearts. The show was a glitter-fest from start to finish with a load of balloons and confetti thrown in for good measure. All the Bee Gees classics were there heavy metal style! Toni was delighted as Robin Gibbens handed her a drumstick!

Robin Gibbens:








And this is Toni and I mid-Tragedy:


See all the Tragedy pics here: 190309TragedyTheO2Academy#

1 comment:

Geminii Glitz said...

That was an awesome night!!!
One of the best gigs we've been to in ages.
and to be handed the drumstick... how cool was that!!! LOL
I'm still picking bits of glitter out of various places... and suspect that may be the case for a while!