Wednesday 6 May 2009

Routers and printers (bah humbug)

Time for a techie grumble!
BT and their infamous router reboots have been happening a lot tonight and it's been a real pain in the backside. If it carries on I will have to ring them up and have a good old bitch at them as the service is seriously going downhill.

Toni asked me to scan and email a document to her which should have been a very simple task...............

....As you have probably gathered, it was NOT. For some reason my wireless printer/scanner had lost its settings and although I could see it and print to it, I was unable to scan back to the PC. Instead of it recognising my PC it could just see something called /*OGLI* (whatever the fuck that is). After three re-installs of drivers and software (and reboots to go) I finally managed to scan the document and email it to Toni.

Toni was very happy that I had done the scan for her although she did then decide that she would come and pick up the original instead as the print on the back was showing through on the scan LMFAO. Still never mind, as on the plus side I at least have it all working properly now.

No comments: