Monday 24 August 2009

Isle Of Wight - Day 3

Today did not start well as I woke up to find that mum and Toni had managed to find me a dentist who could see me at 11:10. Eeeek, I HATE dentists with a vengeance so was dreading it (even though I knew I had to go)

We got to Newport with an hour to spare so went into a cafe for a cuppa before my appointment with Dr Death! Was a really little place called The Chapel and they had a most excellent logo:


Went to the dentist and it wasn't quite as bad I had been fearing. Well relatively speaking anyway. There is a problem with one of my wisdom teeth which is why I was in agony. Options presented to me were:
1) have the tooth extracted there and then
2) have some antibiotics to mask the pain and then get an extraction done when I get back

Guess which option I chose LOL, YUP it was number 2. The only downside of the antibiotics is that I won't be able to drink alcohol for the rest of the holiday :o( Took one of the antibiotics and some painkillers and then we went to have some lunch. The trip to the dentist must have had some kind of placebo effect as I was feeling "slightly" better just knowing what was going on. Didn't take too long for things to subside though which was a great relief.

On the way back we detoured and decided to visit Carisbrooke Castle.



Bee on a flower:


Mum:


The gruesome twosome!


There was a gorgeous little chapel in the castle grounds:





Some weapons inside the gatehouse:



The mob outside:


Toni's black eye has been coming on a treat. Here's how it looks now:

We get some lovely funny looks walking around now as people always assume the worst. I did freak people out in Tesco yesterday when I joked that if she didn't behave I'd do the other one for her LMFAO

See all the photos of the castle and chapel here: 240809IsleOfWightDay3

No comments: