Saturday 29 August 2009

Isle Of Wight - Day 8

Well today is the last day of our holibobs :o(
We all got up early to finish packing and have a breakfast compromising of anything that was left in the fridge.
Due to my tablets I had been unable to drink and so these delights will have to wait until I get home (they were bought for the names when we first arrived):



As we were in good time we decided to detour via Osborne House, taking advantage of our English Heritage membership and also to get more lemon curd!:





After the wonderful sights of the House, and a nice cuppa in the gardens, we headed off to Fishbourne to get the ferry back to Portsmouth.

Ferry coming back into Isle Of Wight:


That Hovercraft again:


The Catamaran:


The Glitz-Mobile on deck:


The Spinnaker Tower on the home approach:


Once we got back to Portsmouth we pottered around for a couple of hours before meeting up with my Uncle Richard and Auntie Robbie who I haven't seen for 15 years. We all went to Nandos, had a lovely meal and a quick catch up. Was really nice to see them again and will make sure it isn't another 15 years before the next one. Unfortunately my cousins James and Sarah were unable to make it so hepefully I can meet up with them soon.

Mum, Robbie, me and Richard:


See all the pictures here: 290809IsleOfWight

No comments: