Thursday 19 November 2009

Cryogenica @ O2 Academy

Off to the big smoke again tonight. Met Toni for dinner and then rushed off to the O2 Academy.

Cryogenica were due to be on stage at 19:25 (that in itself was a stupid idea!) and I arrived at 19:20. There were only 4 people in front of me in the queue so I figured I would have no problem getting in to see their whole set. WRONG! The first 3 people in the queue seemed to have turned up claiming they had bought tickets months ago but didn't have any proof to collect and the girl in the box office was SLOW. The first 3 ended up paying cash and at least the 4th person had all the details she needed to collect her tickets but I could hear that Cryogenica had already hit the stage as I collected my ticket.

Managed to get to the front of the stage just as the first song was ending and proceded to take photos as I have done there many times for the last 2 years. After photo number 3 I was told that I wasn't allowed to use a flash! Since when? I've been doing this for years and NEVER been told to turn the flash off! So this was now a crisis situation as I was testing a new camera which I had no idea how to optimise for taking pictures without the flash so I had to revert to my old trusty one but without the flash even those pictures weren't great.

It was a great set although the audience apathy didn't really help lift things and putting a band on so early was just plain crazy as most people hadn't even turned up!

Since the departure of Chris the sound is a lot darker and Jon and Carina commanded the stage well. Cryogenica should not have been the opening band tonight!

Anyway, here's a few pics:




See all the pics here: 191109CryogenicaO2Academy

No comments: