Wednesday 9 December 2009

Bexhill-on-Sea and The Puppini Sisters (FAIL)

Had a half day today and went off to meet Toni. My stomach was feeling a bit squiffy and after we had a light snack I was feeling incredibly bloated. Toni reckons I could have been showing some major signs of gluten intolerance or even IBS and so I am going to cut out wheat products for a week and see how things go.

After lunch we popped into Makro to pick up some Xmas presents before setting off to Bexhill-on-Sea to see her nan. My stomach was really hurting by now and I was worried about whether or not I would be OK to go out in the evening. I slept a lot on the way but still felt rough when we arrived. I skipped dinner and went to bed to try and sleep in the desperate hope that things but it was no good. Toni decided that we should go back to London and so, sadly, we had to miss The Puppini Sisters which was a real shame as I had really been looking forward to it.

Long painful drive back to London (well it felt long anyway) which involved a bit more sleep (thanks to a wonderful microwable bean bag that Toni's aunt Sue had lent me). Once we got back to Eltham Toni stuck me in a lovely warm bubbly bath which really helped relax my stomach. After that it was time to crash out in bed....

No comments: