Wednesday 30 December 2009

My ailments and pains update

Went to see the GP at 07:30 this morning as I had a couple of stomach flare ups again over Xmas.

Toni and I paid close attention to what I was eating over the Xmas period and tried our best to analyse the locality of my pains and were of the opinion that my problems are not wind or IBS related but are probably caused by gall stones. The pains that I was getting lasted for 1-3 hours and the location and symptoms matched those of gall stones.

We relayed this information to the GP who has now referred me for an ultrasound scan to investigate further. Not there yet but at least I feel like we could be on the right track. Just have to hope that it doesn't flare up too much between now and the scan as painkillers hardly touch it and I really don't want to be going through the agony that I experienced at one point over Xmas again.

Fingers crossed that there is light at the end of the tunnel and it will all be over with quickly.

1 comment:

Sophii said...

i hope u don't have gall stones! i remeber that pain and think i'd rather go through 3 days of labour again! hope u get better soon x