Monday 22 February 2010

37, 38, 39.... FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS!

I am not sure how I feel right now. It's all a bit of a mixed bag. I didn't know what to expect..........

This could almost sound like the speech of some "old" person.........

16, 18 and 21 were all "just another day" birthdays for me, nothing really special at all, just another day older and L-if-E rolled on.

I have had a very colourful life, had lots of ups, lots of downs, bumps and bruises, lessons learned and failed, lessons learned. I have pretty much done everything I guess (well not everything but I have crammed a hell of a lot in).
I've married, I've divorced.
I've been a father, I've been a grandfather.
I've had a loving family, I've watched that family fall apart
I've had a big family only to see that family slowly get reduced
I've loved, I've lost
I've loved again.
I've moved all over the bloody shop in more places than I care to count sometimes.
I've worked lots of fun and fulfilling jobs

I've made very few enemies as far as I know and I hate very few people. I've met some truly amazing people, some I have lost touch with (my bad) and I am trying to re-establish contact with and some who continue to be amazing people in my L-if-E.

But no, these aren't the words of some "old" person as such. In a couple of minutes I will no longer be 39, I will reach another one of those milestone ages, the BIG FOUR O!

So how do I feel? I really don't know.

Part of me thinks that it's going to be like 16, 18 and 21 all over again, just another day rolling by. Part of me wants to party like it's 1999 (please forgive the cheesy Prince reference). Part of me thinks, wow, you've done so much, what next, what is there left to do or achieve. Part of me wonders if I should start to slow down, mellow out and become a little more respectable and normal.

Then I think, what the hell! This is K.T.Glitz we are talking about. I'll be a trash queen lollipop rocker whether I am 16 or 60. I am soon to be 40 and I intend to completely carry on as I have been, have fun, party hard and be there for my friends and family and grow old(er) as disgracefully as possible.

People, we have a 20 year party ahead of us before it's time to celebrate the next milestone, the BIG SIX O!

Grab a bottle of Jack and hold on tight, life begins at 40 they reckon and I am just warming up!

I wanna rock n roll all nite, and party every day!

Fasten your seat belts!

2 comments:

K.T.Glitz said...

LMFAO
Thank you gorgeous
xxxx

Geminii Glitz said...

I'm glad that got more positive towards the end - I thought I was going to have to kick you for being a morose motherfucker!

LOL

Happy Birthday gorgeousness

Love you LOADS
xxxxx