Wednesday 10 February 2010

Cryogenica @ The Purple Turtle

After my hospital appointment Toni and I went to Eltham. I logged into work for a couple of hours while Toni went and picked up Aaron and Gemima.

I then jumped on the train/tube to Camden to go and see CRYOGENICA at The Purple Turtle.

As I arrived the bands had already started:

DEAD HEAVEN
I saw Dead Heaven at the last Gotham event and really enjoyed their set. Nothing has really changed and they still deliver good quality 80s goth rock.




Had a good chat with Carina and Jon (of CRYOGENICA) as well as Carina's boyfriend Rcihard (from Ghost Of Lemora who I am going to see on Friday). The suddenly Dylan Nation (of The Veil and I Nation) arrived so we had a catch up too. I Nation were also with him as they are over from France to support Ghost Of Lemora on Friday.

The next band was supposed to have been STAR SCREAM but apparently the turned up and "told" headline band DIVA SUICIDE that they were going to be using their drum kit only to be told, surprise surprise, NO! This resulted in Star Scream being all dressed up with nowhere. Perhaps if they had asked politely rather than demanding things might have been different but sadly for them they didn't so ended up not playing at all.

This gave more time for CRYOGENICA to set up which wasn't a bad thing for them.


CRYOGENICA
CRYOGENICA once again were impressive. Haunting melodies, crunching guitars and Carina's strong vocals made for a great night. I am really looking forward to hearing the new CD once it has been completed. I was designated official photographer for the evening, based on the fact that I had taken pics for them before and nobody else had a camera LOL.






See all the CRYOGENICA pics here:
100210CryogenicaThePurpleTurtle


And last but not least...................


DIVA SUICIDE
I was quite impressed with DIVA SUICIDE. They had a great image and some good tunes. Sadly I had to leave early due to the trains and they didn't have quite enough to make me stay. What I saw was good though and I definitely want to go and see them properly.


No comments: