Monday 8 March 2010

First day of Hollywood Doll recording

Today Matthew, I am going to be a rock star! Booked the day off as Hollywood Doll were hitting the recording studio for the first time.

Got up. Bummed about. Drank coffee. Chilled and listened to music. This is the life, why can't it be like this every day!
Got dressed, packed up my gear and waited for Matt to come and pick me up.

We then headed off to Southend College to meet the rest of Hollywood Doll and start laying down some muzak!

It was a bit of a painful process as Chris (roadie/sound tech) and his colleagues were but humble students and struggled a bit to get everything set up. They did, in the nick of time, get things going and HD managed to lay down a version of The Way To The Top. It sounded pretty good from the monitor mix although it does have my vocals on it at the moment as Marie was away in Prague. This will be fixed at a future session though when the plan is to re-track the whole song before the mix down. I will, however keep the version with my vocals just because I can!

The mixing desk of doom:


Chris supervising the set up


Through the looking glass


Steve not wanting to be photographed


Matt and Graham


My gear


Overall it was a very positive step for the band and it really feels like we are making progress now.

No comments: