Saturday 19 June 2010

I Nation & Sybreed @ O2 Academy

Toni and I headed off to Islington to the O2 Academy to go and see I Nation supporting Deathstars. We had seen Deathstars before so weren't that bothered originally and then it turned out that our friend Dylan's band I Nation were supporting so we decided to go. What made it even more of a must was that Charlie Webster (original Hollywood Doll drummer then guitarist) was going to be playing with them.

We had a bit of a posing session before we left:



On the train:


In da club!



I NATION
I NATION were fabulous as usual. Really nice to see them on a big stage. Adding Charlie to the line up has really beefed up the sound. They were much better than the last time we saw them and they were good then.





See all the I NATION pics here: 190610INationO2Academy


SYBREED
These guys weren't really our cup of tea and although a lot of the audience seemed to enjoy them they just didn't really fit with the line up for us and completely killed the momentum that I Nation had built up.




See all the SYBREED pics here: 190610SybreedO2Academy


DEATHSTARS
Will have to be honest, we didn't get this far! We walked out to the foyer just before Sybreed finished and had a chat and hung out with Charlie and Dylan from I Nation for a while. We then decided that as we had already seen the Deathstars do an awesome show last year and owing to the fact that Sybreed had killed the excitement for us we decided to bail out.

We then headed back to Eltham for chinese and then a little late night fun (which more than made up for not seeing Deathstars again!)

No comments: