Sunday 1 August 2010

Stratford the return, pistachios and metal legends and Wacken prep

Had a bit of a sleep in this morning which was most welcome as I'd had a rough night with heartburn and Toni was suffering the curse of the curse.

When Toni got up she decided to have a shower which turned into a disaster as the plug plump failed and she was left standing in two inches of water which wouldn't go away. Thankfully she was done and so she didn't have to worry about needing to do anything else. Mum and I then bailed out the tray and I managed to get the pump to sort of work with the use of a plunger. It was a bit hit and miss so I can only assume that something is blocking the exit way to the pump that gets agitated by the plunger but not enough to clear it permanently. Guess mum will be calling a plumber tomorrow!

Once everyone was up and about we decided to skip breakfast and have lunch instead. Following lunch it was time to chill out for a bit, with Toni managing to grab 40 winks before our drive back to SWF. I forgot to mention yesterday that I have always hated nuts but I decided to try a pistachio and actually really liked and haven't been able to stop eating them since!

Sadly the time to go came all to quickly but we had a great time and it was lovely to see mum again. The journey back was a pretty good one, made even better by the fact that the car charger seemed to be working so I could use my iPhone to help navigate.

Mr Armitage, one of my metal legends, sadly found this little gem somewhere and so another bit of my past has seen the light of day again. So here am I in the rain and not in the least bit waster, Monsters Of Rock, Donington 1987 (17 years old like Sam is now):


Once we got back to SWF it was time to start preparing for our little jaunt to Wacken in Germany with SPiT LiKE THiS. Roof rack is on, washing is under way, camera batteries are being charged, additional memory cards found, passports located..... still loads more to do but we are getting there!

No comments: