Sunday 8 August 2010

Wacken road trip day 6

Sadly, Wacken 2010 is now over. They wasted no time in waking everyone to get them packing and leaving. What was really weird was the fact that there were no food or drink stalls open at all to catch some trade from those that were leaving.

We deconstructed our camping area, loaded up the van and then headed on for the journey back to Dortmund.

I had another nutty surprise as I discovered that I don't find hazelnuts offensive either. This is just not on, I'm not supposed to like nuts!

After a couple if service station stops my body had started seizing up. I was aching in places I didn't even know I could ache!
Due to general tiredness/fatigue the bus had been a lot calmer and saner with only the occasional outburst of (usually inappropriate) energy.

We were delighted to find a load of gluten free things that Toni could eat so we stocked up on them and some rye bread for Gail and I.

We had to endure an OLD Eddie Murphy DVD on the last part of the route which was mildly amusing in places but really seemed to drag on.

We finally got to the hotel with 30 mins remaining until the restaurant closed. Toni, Sam, Mike, Rob and I went in for a meal and a drink. I can't tell you how good it felt to sit at a table and eat proper food (that wasn't just meat and bread).

The day finished with the best luxury ever. A lovely long hot shower and a chance to scrub Wacken grubbiness from my skin and hair. My god you forget how things like that are important.

Tomorrow we make our final assault back to the UK.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: