Monday 22 November 2010

Looong day, chill, Survivor Series

Today was a LOOOONG day! Got in at 08:05 and left at 18:20. They don't happen like that very often.

The day started very slowly and little painfully with lots aches in my joints. I managed to catch up with things after three days off sick last week but after a productive team meeting and some paracetamol to soothe the aches things then went crazy.

I got pulled into a conference call and WebEx to set up a system with one of our Linux gurus in the US. Sadly, something that was supposed to be relatively quick and easy turned out to be somewhat more challenging. The upshot was that I ended up leaving over an hour and a half later than usual. The most frustrating thing though was PJ wanted to speak to me (hopefully about the QA Manager role although he didn't specify what about) but he had to leave before I was done so now I will have to wait until tomorrow to find out what it was going to be about!

Had to dash straight out of the office as the train service to SWF is awful after 18:00 and made it to the train with a minute to spare and a bursting bladder. Thankfully my mind was occupied with talking to Mark Grimwood so the journey home wasn't as uncomfortable as I had feared it might be.

One toilet break later and then chill was the order of the night. Sam and I decided to slob it, ordered Pizza, and then settled down to enjoy the WWE Survivor Series.

No comments: