Tuesday 30 November 2010

That snow excuse!

Well here we go again, the snow comes and the world falls apart!
Two weeks ago we were promised that they were all ready for it. As if!

The trains were delayed from the off although I guess I should be happy that I only ended getting in to work half an hour later than planned.

After work I trotted off to Cannon Street to get the train to Eltham to see Toni to be confronted by masses of people and indicator boards basically showing NO movement on the trains. I was about to give up hope and head off to Liverpool Street when an announcement was made that there was a train leaving soon that stopped at Mottingham. This must have been the first train in ages as it was absolutely jam packed and there were people just trying to get further down the line in an attempt to try and get home. Total madness.

How come we are so rubbish at dealing with snow even when we are expecting it? Never had problems like this in Germany!

Here are some pics from SWF this morning. Sadly I was out of the house before real daylight had appeared so the pics aren't the greatest.





See them all here: 301110SnowInSouthWoodhamFerrers#

No comments: