Tuesday 11 October 2011

New Team Leader, hygenist, Sophie & Scarlett

So, here's the update on my little mystery from last night. At close of business yesterday my manager was called into a meeting and was told that his services were no longer required. No warnings or hints that this was coming, meeting at 17:00 and then no job by 17:15. It was all a bit of a shock to be honest.

Fast forward back to today. I changed my plans and went I to work early to ensure that I was there for our 9am meeting. This wasn't as we had expected. It was basically confirmation of what had happened the previous night plus notification that we would be on a call with Canada later today.

In anticipation of this, and to prevent any attempts at micro management, I collated list of our top priority tasks and deadlines and listed what we were doing to ensure we could achieve everything. This was well received by management.

Just before the scheduled call I was contacted by management and asked to step up and take on some of my ex-manager's tasks effectively making me the Team Leader now. This was something I was more than happy to do and I know I have the backing of my colleagues as neither of them had any desire to take on this work (they couldn't back off fast enough when I suggested that someone night be asked to do this LOL)

It's all been a bit surreal but at least we have some focus now. Sadly this means there will be no further cabbage ratings LMFAO.

I even managed to fit in a trip to the hygenist during the day which went well and I now don't have to go back for four months. Result!

After work it was back to SWF to see Sam and also Sophie an Scarlett who are down for a few days. Scarlett is so big now and is chattering away and also mastering the potty!

It was great to get home and chill. Sam took great delight in showing me his newly acquired Games Workshop board game Dreadfleet. It looks amazing and I can't wait to play it!

Had to dial in and do a little work in the evening and then finished things off with Get Him To The Greek for some laughs! Furry Walls all round!

Brave new world tomorrow, I wonder what it will bring?




- Posted using BlogPress on my iPhone

2 comments:

Toni Glitz said...

Maybe it will bring a spellchecker!
;p
xxxxx

Unknown said...

Nah, that's what I have you for!
Now corrected
xxxx