Thursday 9 February 2012

Tooth fairies

Today was not a particularly enjoyable day for me. I had a lovely 10am appointment at Queen Mary Hospital to have three tooth extractions. Had to go there as there was no way on this earth that I was going to have it down at the dentist under a local. Sedation is the only way for me!

Started badly when the hospital dentist told me that they would be doing it under a local. I politely told her that was NOT happening and that sedation was the reason that I was there. Thankfully this was not a problem.

We got off to a bad start when veins decided they weren't going to pay ball. Fortunately one of the nurses was very good and with a little time managed to get a vein up so they could get the tube in and begin sedation. It didn't take long for me to be away with the fairies. Two hours later I came round very groggy. Toni was there to take me home and remember all the instructions that were given. Just as well really as I didn't take any of it in.

The rest of the day was spent taking drugs, drinking tea and soup and watching stuff. I started off with Carry On Screaming and moved on to Lost Girl and watched the first couple of episodes of the first season. It's a good little show that I look forward to seeing more of.

The evening finished in comedy mode as I dragged out the old Chewing' The Fat DVDs.

I'm actually amazed how little discomfort I am feeling at the moment (unlike when I had my first ever extraction). Hopefully the healing will be quick and I won't suffer much at all through it.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: