Sunday 12 February 2012

Underworld: Awakening 3D

Toni, Jade, Sam and I ventured off to Greenwich to the Odeon cinema to see Underworld: Awakening 3D.

I wasn't sure what to expect after being slightly disappointed by Rise Of The Lycans. I was pleasantly surprised though as Awakening was really really good. The story was good with a nice twist on the whole Underworld landscape. It was great to see Kate Beckinsale return in the catsuit, corset and boots (oh how I wish I had the figure to pull that look off LOL). This time though Selene is hardcore with plenty of action, blood and gore and her taking on a very hard vengeful role.

I thoroughly enjoyed Underworld: Awakening 3D and thankfully they have left the door nicely open for a sequel which I am delighted about!

The only bad thing for me was the fact that it was in 3D. I've never really been a fan of 3D movies and although the technology is impressive I still find it just a bit too finicky and unnecessary for the cinema. It didn't take anything away from a great film though I just wish it had been in 2D. Hopefully this will happen with the sequel.

If you are a fan of the Underworld franchise then Awakening is definitely a must see!

Here's the trailer:




- Posted using BlogPress on my iPhone

No comments: