Friday 29 June 2012

Club Alternative

New experience for Toni and I tonight as we headed into Chelmsford to attend our first ever Club Alternative. Rather than our usual alternative haunts which are geared up for people who consider themselves part of "alternative culture" (goths, EBMers, punks, metalheads etc) this club night was targeted at the Trans & Gay Community.

Needless to say I went in girl mode. I hadn't been sure what to expect and as I am pretty out in public I wasn't sure if a segregated night was for me. It wasn't a very busy night but it was enjoyable nonetheless. It was great to catch up with Tasha Nightshade once again and also to meet and share stories with a lady called Toni.

I also took time out to talk to Stacy Novak and Shane Marcus who run Transliving International as I have offered them some services that hopefully will help to reduce their costs.

We plan to attend the next one so hopefully that will be much busier.

No comments: