Monday 10 September 2012

One of those days...

.... that just seems to drag on and on and on! Yes, it was one of those today although it wasn't all bad!

Brief moment of excitement came first thing this morning when I found out that my dad was on Twitter. That was a real shock LOL. Second bit of excitement came during the Olympic/Paralympic Parade today as we heard a loud roar and saw the coloured smoke of The Red Arrows as they flew past The Gherkin. Didn't actually see them but we heard them and saw their trails.

I did get a result with the job that I said I had taken on a while back in an attempt to force things through, I received confirmation from my boss that the document that I had submitted was fine and had now been passed up the line for senior management approval. I have to admit I was a little smug to hear this as it had been sitting in limbo for ages until I got involved!

Got home, lovely food courtesy of Sam and then some Chewin' The Fat to have a little chuckle.

Rest of the evening was spent trawling eBay with Toni to try and find a suitable dress for my mum for the wedding!


2 comments:

Dad said...

What a shame for you that one of the two exciting things in your day was to find I was on Twitter. You'd think I was still communicating with people using quills and parchment.

RAF Tornado's do some of their low level flying in Northumberland, so hearing but not seeing the Red Arrows sounds familiar

Unknown said...

Brilliant comment! Thank you for making me smile very much first thing this morning!