Wednesday 5 September 2012

The things you see on trains, work and PC

Train travel can be an interesting thing sometimes! Got on this morning and had to do the usual squeeze past legs routine to get to a seat. This is not unusual! Some skinny bimbo made NO attempt to move even though she had her legs crossed and so was taking up more room than most! She had obviously decided that she was far more important than everyone else!

A couple got on at a later stop and the skinny woman of the pair then pushed the woman, opposite skinny bimbo, legs out of the way to get past which was insane! She isn't think it was a problem that skinny bimbo was taking up the room not the other woman. Must have been a size thing. Make he larger person taking up no room move in favour of the skinny one taking all the room!

The couple then processed to talk across the poor woman whose leg had been pushed. They even started handing things to each other including a hot cup of coffee across her. Really fucking rude! So there is the incredible story of my journey in to work this morning.

Talking of work, it was actually an interestingly different day today!
My first win was taking ownership and control of a project that has been wallowing in management hell for many weeks with no sign of progress! Ive now given it a much need bit of input and a shot in the arm and I expect to see results quickly as I will be chasing management constantly until things get done!

Although my 'favourite' product continues to be the bane of my life it was actually fun today trying to diagnose a problem involving rogue emails and phantom SMTP servers. My input was well received and I have managed to baffle the so-called experts by asking questions that they don't (but should) know the answers to! Hopefully I might have some answers on the morning!

The day was very productive and went quickly which was a much welcome change. It was still a great relief to get gone though LOL

Dinner was supposed to be followed by the merry band of adventurers getting together for another trip into the world of Dungeons & Dragons. Alas, Aaron came home a lot later than planned so D&D was deferred until tomorrow.

Toni took time out to have a bath so I hit the office and managed to get all the drives on my PC up and running! I did notice there was a warning on the PSU in the BIOS which shows there probably is an issue there (as expected) so I am really glad the new PSU is due to arrive tomorrow!


- Posted using BlogPress on my iPhone

No comments: