Tuesday 30 October 2012

Earth shattering news, why George? Why?

So, today it was announced that Disney are buying Lucasfilm Ltd (and also snapping up Industrial Light & Magic as part of the deal). This was a bit of a shocker for me. It could be a good thing if it keeps the Star Wars legacy alive or it could destroy everything that I hold dear!

There is talk of Star Wars Episode 7 in 2015 followed by more films every 2 to 3 years. If they pick up some of the fantastic stories from the books that already exist post Episode 6 then I would be very happy. If they start to create their own stuff then I might be less than thrilled.

It's a thin line and I really hope that Disney don't fuck it all up.

For my own sanity here is something to lighten the mood:

2 comments:

Dad said...

I was not surprised to see this post as it taps into your/our early years. Like you, I know there are plenty of stories to draw on for future episodes. The challenge is also to match the vsiual style so that all 9 episodes hang together. I am sure the technology is there.

Unknown said...

Agreed, it has the potential to be amazing and take things to a whole new level. IF they think about it and try and do it right rather than seeing it as a licence to print money!

Fingers crossed Disney love their new baby!