Wednesday 21 November 2012

Lurgs, WFH, PC trouble and Facebook purge

We have a house full of lurgs at the moment. Sam has been really ill all week, Toni has come down with something and I've got a variant of it as well. We had been hoping that it was a quick one but it seems not :o(

I ended up working from home which made things a bit easier as I really wasn't up for trying to travel in to the office.

My day took a turn for the worse when we PC started freezing up again. I did have this trouble once before but it seemed to resolve itself. Not this time though. I started off with a replacement graphics card which made no difference. Fortunately I had bought a new power supply when the problem happened before which I didn't up using so the next step was to rip out the old one and install the new. Thankfully that did the trick and I was up and running once again!

After resurrecting the PC it was time to have a purge on Facebook and start removing lots of people that I have as friends that I never communicate with and also drop a load of the pages that I like but don't visit (or even care about). It's a long slow process but I did have a good first run. Still lots more to go though!


No comments: