Thursday 29 November 2012

Meredith the besom, goodbye Orange, National Geographic documentaries

This is Meredith the besom. There is a story behind this but you aren't going to hear it yet, sorry! She will be displayed on our living room wall this weekend :o)



Today was a good day as I got to bid farewell to Orange (well hopefully anyway)! I rang to confirm that my account with them will be cancelled if I used my PAC code today. I rushed round to the nearest O2 shop, bought a PAYG SIM card and called up O2 customer services and asked them to apply my PAC code to get the number transferred from Orange so that my account terminates! It's been a real struggle to do something very simple and various people at Orange just seemed unable to tell the truth throughout my last few calls with them. Thankfully the guy today was polite and helpful and answered all my questions and filled me in on a few facts which highlighted how shockingly bad past calls had been and how I had been supplied with false information. It's very sad that a company can be like that but thankfully my days with them are done. I shall be double checking tomorrow that all has gone to plan!

I've recently watched a couple of National Geographic documentaries that were part of their Taboo series. One was on Witchcraft and the other on Voodoo. I have to say I was VERY disappointed! National Geographic might have fantastic publications but these two TV pieces were not great. They seem to have not done a lot of research but instead relied on a cliched desire to shock and resort to sensationalism. Both shows could have been made so much better and given a well researched and balanced view but sadly they both came up woefully short which was a real shame. Time to try and dig up the old Arthur C Clarke TV shows instead as they were really good!

No comments: