Saturday 5 January 2013

Lesnes Abbey & Oxleas Wood, Total Recall, Ted and Snow White

Today was a day of going out and doing stuff. After a quick breakfast Toni, Sam, Gemima and I headed out towards Thamesmead to go and visit Lesnes Abbey and Oxleas Wood.  En route we came across a bizarre cherry picker skyline:

Once parked up we had a walk around the ruins of Lesnes Abbey. It's nice to see that places like this still survive in the middle of built up suburban areas.

After strolling round the ruins we then ventured into Oxleas Wood. Toni and Gemima were interested in collecting twigs and leaves for some art project they are going to do whereas I was just happy to enjoy nature at it's finest and take lots of photos (and I mean a lot). I could have stayed there for hours and hours as it was so peaceful and be away from our busy little world.

You can see all the Lesnes Abbey & Oxleas Woods pictures here: 050113LesnesAbbeyOxleasWood

Now this was an interesting sign, could be kind of confusing if you look at it from the same angle that I did!

.... and yes, my immature mind did get the better of me as it always does!

If any of you are fans of the Channel 4 series Misfits then you will be very familiar with Thamesmead as that is where it was filmed. Do these buildings ring any bells?

On the way home we stopped off to pick up some chips which complimented the very large pieces of salmon that we had for dinner.

The Total Recall remake was first on our watch list tonight and I have to say I was actually very impressed. Arnie's version might be seen as a cult classic but this dark rendition was very well made and was a worthy reboot with some great concepts, special effects and nice visual touches.


Next up was Ted. I'd heard lots of great things about this film and it didn't disappoint. It's a really funny film. Having watched Flash Gordon the other night it was SOOO funny to see Sam J Jones put in an appearance as himself. Death to Ming!


The night was finished off with Snow White And The Huntsmen. Despite having Kristen Stewart in it and the reviews being somewhat unfavourable I didn't think it was too shabby. I can't see Chris Hemsworth as anything but Thor though!



No comments: