Monday 21 January 2013

Trains knackered, Arrow, tandoori chicken and X-Men 3

As was to be expected following a reasonable amount of snowfall over the weekend, the trains were all knackered this morning. Those rare ones that weren't cancelled had 50 minute delays and packed platforms. Working from home for me today! It wasn't a bad day overall and although I hate the fact that this country goes to pieces after a few flakes of snow I was more than happy to not have to go into the office!

Late lunch of chicken burger and chips (how healthy am I?) was accompanied by the first episode of Arrow. This is a new TV series based on the DC Comics character Green Arrow. Toni thought it was terrible but I didn't mind it and the twist at the end of the first episode has convinced me to stick with it and watch more.


The rest of the working day passed without any major events which was a relief. Fortunately I managed to delegate testing my favourite product otherwise the air might have turned blue based on some of the emails that I saw LOL

Sam did home made tandoori
chicken with rice for dinner, no ready made sauces in this house! Have to say it was really rather delicious. Just a shame I could t fully indulge in his home made naan as well although I did have a tiny nibble.

We finished our X-Men saga with X-Men 3: The Last Stand. This is my least favourite of the films and for some fans doesn't even exist. Maybe the loss of Bryan Singer was what did it as there was clearly something that he brought to the table that Brett Ratner didn't. Must have been the Gerald Ratner effect in turning things to shit!

We finished the day off with the latest episode of Once Upon A Time flowed by some QI.

No comments: