Sunday 3 February 2013

Afternoon shopping and spiders to vampires!

Afternoon! That was when we woke up! 12:45 to be precise. I guess that late night watching the Rangers finally caught up with us LOL. We dragged out butts out of bed, had tea and then headed out to Deptford to do the shopping we had cancelled yesterday. Some lovely veg and a shed load of awesome meat for bugger all money is why we just keep going back! The market saves us a fortune!

The plan had been to have a Spider-Man day today but after watching the first film we decided that we had had quite enough of Toby Maguire for one day and so the plan was abadoned.

Instead we moved from superheroes to vampires and watch Interview With The Vampire. I swallowed my vocal misgivings about Tom Cruise and just enjoyed the film. I must have mellowed as I found him far less offensive than I have in the past. As such Interview With The Vampire has now become far more pleasing to me.

Much to Toni's disgust we then followed up with Queen Of The Damned, the "sequel" to Interview With The Vampire. I guess this was a concession as she knew how much I had disliked Interview (well up until my re-appraisal of it today anyway). Despite any misgivings I may have had about Tom Cruise playing Lestat there is no doubt that Stuart Townsend is absolutely awful!

Queen Of The Damned has an absolutely killer soundtrack but sadly is massively lacking as a worthy successor to Interview and some of the effects were absolutely dire! I actually feel dirty having watched that again!

Our evening finished off with the Francis Ford Coppola classic Bram Stoker's Dracula. This is a fantastic film and one of the few that really does justice to Bram Stoker's novel. If you can forgive Keanu Reeves and his appalling English accent then you'll probably enjoy it LOL









No comments: