Tuesday 26 February 2013

WFH, wound up, pizza disaster, Utopia and The Clone Wars!

Well it's certainly been an interesting day. For reasons that I won't go into I ended up working from home. This was good in that I got to spend the day with Toni in our office.

Work itself was relatively quiet and I even managed to get out of two meetings which just made it even better!

On the plus side Toni and I went to Coffee Town for lunch. You can't beat a nice lunchtime breakfast! Jamie came and joined us too which things even more pleasant.

On the downside I allowed myself to get wound up be someone who thought it was appropriate to take a sly cheap shot at me on Facebook. Not only was it completely unnecessary but it was also untrue. There will be more on this nonsense in another blog (probably tomorrow).

It was decided that we would order pizza for dinner. Papa Johns was ordered for Sam and Aaron and Toni and I went for Pizza Hut's gluten free option. Just after both orders had been placed and paid for, I received a phone call from Pizza Hut to say they were out of gluten free pizza bases.

To make matters worse, not only they were unable to source additional stock from a store round the corner (or transfer the order elsewhere) but they couldn't give me a refund either. Instead I have to phone their head office tomorrow to arrange the refund. So Toni and I had no food and no refund, NOT IMPRESSED!

We opted for kebabs in the end bit it didn't really satisfy in the way our pizzas might have!

Entertainment was a combination of Being Human and Big Bang Theory. Toni had to pop out to see Leanne for some reiki so Sam and I managed to catch up on the final three episodes of Utopia. What a series and a great finish. I really hope they do a second series!

Star Wars: The Clone Wars was up next. I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's Star Wars so that immediately makes me want to earn to it. There are niggly little things that bother me but.... It's Star Wars! This is probably why I can actually watch The Phantom Menace more than once, it's Star Wars! Star Wars is like bacon, it trumps everything!





- Posted using BlogPress on my iPhone

No comments: