Thursday 11 April 2013

More migration stuff and The Fifth Element

So confusion started to reign supreme at work as the Google migration continued. It's amazing how many supposedly clever technology people were baffled by the concepts of Google Apps For Business. It's going to be an interesting few months as people get used to the change. Hopefully it won't take them long to pick it all up. I had to explain a few concepts to some people today and they did seem to be able to see the potential advantages in what we are doing.

In sync news I finally managed to get my iPhone working with the newly migrated system. I didn't do anything that I hadn't tried yesterday (even used all the same settings) so am not sure if I just got lucky today or if some administrator threw a switch somewhere as my migration was complete. Whatever it was I am now very happy to have my devices integrating flawlessly with Google across the phone and desktop, in the office and out. RESULT!

The Fifth Element was our entertainment of choice tonight. Haven't watched the film for years but it still stands up as a great piece of science fiction. If you haven't seen this film before then where have you been? Watch it, it's great! It's worth it just for DJ Ruby Rhod alone!

No comments: