Tuesday 21 May 2013

WTF? New York Rangers cock it up again!

I had the misfortune of staying up to watch Game 3 of the New York Rangers v Boston Bruins play off series. Going into this game 0 - 2 in the series this was a must win game for the Rangers to try and get some momentum going.  It was frustrating to watch. There were slight improvements in certain areas but throughout the game the Bruins always seemed to match the Rangers tactics and it was pretty clear that the Rangers were just plan out of ideas on how to break down the Bruins.

Power play continued to be absolutely dire and the players just don't seem to want to take a shot on goal. Neither do they park a man at the crease ready for deflections or to pick up rebounds. The just can't rely on Lundqvist to win them games. Yes he is a phenomenal netminder but if you aren't scoring at the other end you are always going to struggle!

*sigh* it was depressing to watch. Sure they picked up a 1 - 0 lead but it was quickly equalised and then when the Bruins went 2 - 1 up I predicted that it was game over. Sadly, I was right.

I went to bed very grumpy with my team now trailing 3 - 0 in the series which means they will have to win four straight games to advance. Is this likely? Based on the current form of the New York Rangers I would say no but I will always live in hope that Tortorella can pull something out of his hat and turn things around. I might be delusional but it's all I have! Roll on Thursday night with a little fear in my heart!


Yes we're in but we could soon be out!


No comments: