Friday 14 June 2013

Bad backs and effing schools!

Back was bad again today so I ended up working from home. Managed to get my headset working which allowed me to connect to my work phone so I no longer have to use my mobile or the house phone for work calls when I am at home. This was a serious result and will stop me incurring unnecessary expenses. Had to take some time out to visit the GP. It's a muscular problem so I've just been given some Brufen to take the edge of things and have to take it easy over the weekend.

A while back Gemima was going to go on a school trip and had been told if she could bring in a cheque by a certain date that she could go. This she did but was later told that she couldn't go as she was too late. Annoyingly the school have still not returned the cheque. On the plus side they haven't cashed it but they should return a payment like that as a matter of course.

Back in May she brought home a letter saying that a trip had been organised to Thorpe Park as a reward for good attendance and punctuality. We signed the paperwork and she handed in her money the next day. This week she missed a couple of days of school due to not being very well and the school was notified. At the end of the day today she arrived home looking very distraught. It turned out that a large group of girls at the school had been called out and informed that they would not be going on the trip due to attendance. Poor girl was in tears. She hadn't been sent home with the money returned either. She informed us that one of the other girls had only missed one day recently and that was because she had been at a funeral.

Toni phoned the school and asked for a teacher to call her back. Strangely enough nobody did! Needless to say we were all livid. It seems we weren't the only ones outraged at what had happened as the following text message was received by Toni and I:


So it looks like a complete about face from the school but a pretty crap way to deliver the message! Hopefully they won't make any more cock ups like this in future! I expect the school reception area was full of irate parents and tearful children as soon as school ended, and rightly so! Just wait have to wait for the return of the cheque from the other trip now, I won't hold my breath!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: