Sunday 9 June 2013

Bad backs, Ghostbusters and Monster Hunters

So I woke up this morning and there was a major problem. I could hardly move my back. Not sure what I had done but I was in agony and had little mobility. Toni gave me some serious massage but it didn't really help. I then spent ages in the shower with some seriously hot water in a power rush aimed at the problem were which did alleviate things a little. Toni, Sam and Aaron headed off to Deptford market to do a meat run. I decided it would be safer to stay at home as I didn't want to be jostled about in a busy market and I certainly wouldn't have been able to carry anything.

Following on from last nights hockey I was somewhat disappointed to learn that Chicago Blackhawks beat the L.A. Kings in the second period of overtime and so won the series 4 - 1, became Western Conference winners and will now face Boston Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals. Looks to be pretty exciting series of games with both teams looking quite evenly matched.

I then dosed myself up with paracetamol and a nice cup of tea and settle down to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I'm years behind where Sam and Aaron are so I have some serious catching up to do before I can go questing with them! I had thought it was just a run around bashing monsters sort of affair but was delighted to find that their was more to it than that with characters having to hunt, and cook among other things to survive. I also managed to get in a little Parappa The Rapper too!

A lovely mahoosive breakfast was accompanied by Ghostbusters. Haven't watched this film for a while and had forgotten just how good it is. It's definitely one that should be listed as a classic.

The back had eased up a little but was still pretty uncomfortable so it was more painkillers for me!

We finished off the lemon meringue pie with tea and then the rest of the night was spent playing Monster Hunter Freedom Unite with Sam and Aaron (and Toni played games on her iPad) with a cocktail of tea, squash and painkillers!

My back is still not my friend so I am hoping that it will be OK for work tomorrow.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: