Wednesday 19 June 2013

Loooong day!

It was a LONG day today, a very long day! Due to upcoming holiday I had lots of things to clear off of my queue and handover.

The plan had been to leave early bit sadly this all went tits up as I ended up staying almost an hour longer than anticipated. A lot of this was frustrating as I was going through the pain of a grandmother and a basket of eggs! Some people make the simplest of tasks very difficult!

When I finally got home Sam dishes up steak, chips and salad and it was time to relax with Warehouse 13. There's a nice little angle building up with this episode that I look forward to seeing unfold over the next few weeks.

After food and telly I logged in to the office and did another 3 hours of work! Yes I probably am insane but I had some thoughts on a new spreadsheet for our Agule sprint process that I didn't want to leave until Tuesday in case I forgot what they were. It was time well spent though and I'm pleased with the results. On top of this I managed to do a fast turn around for one of our US support consultants so she was delighted!

Toni also had a very long day and ended up doing an additional an extra 7 hours! Makes my 4 look pathetic LMFAO!

By the time we were done it was time for Game 4 of the Boston Bruins v Chicago Blackhawks series of the Stanley Cup Finals. Boston came into this game leading the series 2 - 1.

Blackhawks came out all guns blazing and took a 1 - 0 lead with a short handed goal. Fortunately Boston tied it up and ended the first period 1 - 1.

Boston were on fire at the start of the second period. Despite this burst of energy they were left trailing 1 - 3 within ten minutes. Five minutes later and Boston had made it 2 - 3. Two minutes later and Chicago had a nifty touch and it was a 2 - 4 game. Less than three minutes to go in the period and Boston reduced the deficit to 3 - 4 and that's how the second period ended.

Boston once again came out meaning business and tied the game 4 - 4 in less than three minutes. A slew of penalty calls resulted in Chicago making it 5 - 4 while playing 4 on 3. An amazing snapshot 55 seconds later from Boston and it was 5 - 5! The third period ended 5 - 5 and so it was in to that bloody overtime again! Not what I wanted as I was knackered AAARGGHH! Sadly it only took Chicago ten minutes to get the overtime winner to end the game 6 - 5. The series is now tied 2 - 2. See you in Chicago for Game 5 on Saturday night!

Just for shits and giggles here's a couple of things that made me smile today:



...and that's me officially on holiday with three days off, Thursday, Friday and Monday! I really can't wait!

No comments: