Saturday 15 June 2013

Taking it easy, Sophie's new tattoo and more overtime hockey

Didn't do much today. Taking it easy as instructed and my back feels all the much better for it. Just as well really as I didn't want to be spending all my time doing nothing (although it is OK every now and again).

I did manage to have some good long sessions playing Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles though and I am still slowly progressing.

Sophie sent me a message with a picture of her new tattoo (I was very touched)


As part of taking it easy we watched Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides along with Iron Man 1 and 2. Great films to put your feet up to! Problem was we want to either watch Iron Man 3 (which isn't out on DVD yet) or Avengers Assemble but sadly there wasn't enough time as hockey time was rapidly approaching.

We finished off with one episode of South Park before engaging in game two of the Boston Bruins v Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Finals series. It was another nail biter that's for sure and I was hoping Chicago wouldn't take the series to 2 - 0 ! It was quite a cagey game with both teams looking like they could have racked up a large score but the netminders kept it close. As it was the game 1 - 1 at the end of the third period and we were overtime bound. I prayed that this wasn't going to be a multiple overtime job like Thursday night had been. Fortunately the hockey gods were smiling on me and Boston took the overtime win at 13:48 in the first overtime and so tied the series 1 - 1. We'll be doing it all again on Monday night when the Bruins have home ice advantage!

No comments: