Thursday 1 August 2013

Shite day and great steak at Cafe Rouge!

Things are slow at work, REAL slow. Agile was supposed to improve things and allow us to try and deliver things in a shorter time. The reverse seems to be true and we appear to be going backwards now with less and less getting done! *BIG SIGH* Really hoping we can turn things around before everyone gets too down about the whole thing.

I left work feeling very meh only to get to London Bridge and find that all the trains were up the creek due to somebody being hit by a train. Just what I needed! An initial period of nobody having a clue what was going on was then followed by having to join a massive queue of people all trying to fight their way onto platforms 4 to 6 as 1 to 3 were closed. The timetable was in tatters but I was very lucky as I managed to get a very later train to New Eltham.

All of this faded away very quickly though once I got home. One change of clothes later and we were headed out to Blackheath for a reservation at Cafe Rouge. It's amazing how good food can make all the bad things drift away. My starter was camembert in breadcrumbs with green salad and cranberry and redcurrant jelly, oh my! It was delicious. The best was yet to come though. A rare 10oz rib-eye steak with peppercorn sauce and frites followed on in most triumphant fashion. Proceedings were rounded off with a crepe, banana and toffee ice cream.  It was a fantastic meal, a great way to make me feel better and also a lovely last evening with mum.

No comments: