Saturday 12 October 2013

It's been an ice hockey day

Aside from watching the latest episode of Haven and playing Little Big Planet Karting it's been a bit of an ice hockey day today. Sam and I engaged in battle on NHL 10 on the PS3 with some very close games. After that I did a few games on my own. As I was trailing in my first game I decided to do something that I had never done before. I pulled my goalie with 42 seconds left on the clock and then actually scored to tie the game up. I was somewhat chuffed even if I did lose in overtime.

We then switched to live games and watched Boston Bruins beat Columbus Blue Jackets 3 - 1. This was a reasonable game and we both have a soft spot for Boston so it was good to see them win. After this it was time for a bit of torture as we watched the condensed "low"lights of the New York Rangers horrific 9 - 2 loss to San Jose Sharks followed by the equally awful 6 - 0 loss to Anaheim Ducks. Thankfully we hadn't stayed up late to watch these games during the week.

To cheer myself up and to prepare for the New York Ranger v St Louis Blues I watched the 1994 Stanley Cup Final where the Rangers broke their curse and beat Vancouver Canucks 3 - 2 to lift the Stanley Cup. Happy times.

With a little bit of anguish in my heart it was time for the New York Rangers v St Louis Blues game. This was nowhere near as bad as I had feared it might be. The Rangers put in a lot of effort and were much improved compared with the two games earlier this week. Discipline cost them as St Louis managed to capitalise on their powerplay opportunities. The game ended with the Rangers losing 3 - 5 but I'm glad I stayed up to watch it. The team at least seemed to be playing like they wanted to win. It could certainly have been a lot worse so fingers crossed things are now on the mend after the recent blip!

No comments: