Monday 4 November 2013

Back at work, iPhone 5S and Rangers lose

It was back to work today. It was a struggle to get up, it was a struggle to get motivated. Then I checked my work email and things just got worse! On the plus side I had Sam to keep me company on the way in so I wasn't a complete basket case by the time I got to the office.

The day didn't really get any better to be honest although Stuart's large supply of Krispy Kreme donuts did help a little bit LOL. There might be light at the end of the tunnel (or maybe it's just an oncoming train) but if a few of us pull together we can make work fun once again! Fingers crossed!

It was a delight to get home for a cuddle and to eat a lovely lamb casserole. The icing on the cake was that my new iPhone 5S had arrived. A quick set up and restore and I was cooking with gas. Having now got used to iOS7 I have to say I am living the new phone. It's a good upgrade from my humble 4S. TouchID is great fun and makes life so much easier too!

We had a bit of a TV catch up tonight taking in episodes of Downton Abbey, Misfits and Haven. All good episodes and another set of nice distractions from a bad day.

In really good news Pam went to Moorfields today with Toni and her eye is healing very very well. She doesn't have to go back for another five weeks which is great as we had thought that she might have to go back weekly.

We finished our night with New York Rangers v Anaheim Ducks. A disappointing first period ended with Rangers trailing 2 - 0 but it wasn't for lack of trying. Second period was looking bleak until Del Zotto made it 2 - 1 with 1:24 left in the second. Third period was good with plenty of shots on goal but the Ducks netminder was shot hot! 4 on 4 with 01:45 left and then Anaheim went in the power play for the last 01:22. 50 seconds left and Rangers take another penalty and end up the wrong end of a 5 on 3. Ducks couldn't convert bit they still won 2 - 1. Good game though!






- Posted using BlogPress on my iPhone

No comments: