Saturday 28 December 2013

Shopping, lurgs, kebabs and Iron Sky board game

Today was a day for not doing very much. After breakfast, Toni, mum and I popped out to do some food shopping. Toni was feeling a little under the weather when we got back so she too herself off to bed for a sleep. Sam and I then popped into town to pick up a few bits for mum and also to see what the sales might have on offer.

HMV provided a good source of bargains as I picked up the Blu-Ray versions of Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes Game Of Shadows and Django Unchained all for £20 plus a copy of Russell Brand's Messiah Complex DVD which worked out at £5 after the additional HMV discount of 10% was applied. Sam fared equally well with a six season box set of The Big Bang Theory and a copy of Eddie Izzard's latest show on Blu-Ray for bugger all money.

Mum prepared a greek style buffet for dinner which Sam and I topped up with chicken kebabs. I have to say that the portions in this part of the world are most generous as we struggled to eat it all. As she was still feeling under the weather Toni dosed herself up and went to bed early to try and shift whatever it is she is suffering from. Hope it doesn't turn into anything really nasty but I fear the lurgs are taking hold.

Sam and I spent some time trying out the Iron Sky board game that Toni and I gave him for Christmas. Although were learning as we went along it shows great potential as a multi-player game and it is quite enjoyable. I don't think we got everything quite right but I was delighted to lead my moon Nazis to victory and a complete invasion of Europe! I don't think I'll be so lucky next time!







No comments: